Sorry for that question but is it possible at all, to run X with an appropriate driver
for this graphic card (S3G KM/KN 400) under Debian
(maybe necessary: Notebook, Debian, 2.4.24 Kernel, VIA Mainboard, actually running X
in vesa-mode which is quite *****) ?

X --configure detects a Savage3D which actually seems to be supported but running X
with this driver fails :
=> no device detected ! So my card is not an equivalent to a Savage3D !

I was looking for drivers on viarena.com but there seems no hope for Debian users.
Anyway I hope there's someone with a good idea.