I have my Linux server setup to use XDMCP so Windows/Cygwin can bring up GDM to allow X logins. That works fine. When I try to use Linux as the client, even on the same machine and IP as Windows, it just won't work. The command line is practically identical '-query myserver' but in Linux X just comes up in it's default empty screen. What might I be doing wrong? I saw that in Linux you're not supposed to use XDMCP as the client but I couldn't really figure out what was being suggested as the alternative. Changing xhost didn't seem to do anything.