Hi.
I just got a new Logitech mouse which gives 800dpi.
However, I measured that im getting about 400dpi under
a recent XFree version and Debian Linux. Changing the "Resolution" to
"800" or anything more does not help - it appears using the
generic PS/2 protocol will not enable me to get more than
about 400 dpi. This was measured with xset m 0 0 enabled, no acceleration.
Using acceleration will of course speed up the mouse, but you're
skipping some pixels, and this will give a false figure.
I also tried setting the mouse in usb, but still got
about 400 dpi. The mouse drivers list given for xfree under
http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/mouse4.html doesnt seem to help.
I dont see how using any of these drivers would give me more dpi.


Here is the config file im using in my XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Resolution"            "800"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

P.M
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to