hi,
 
I have a problem with mandrake 9.2. My system:
Athlom XP 1800+
ECS k7vta3
MSI Geforce 4 ti 4200
LG 1710B DVI
 
During the installation I was prompted to chose my gfx and my monitor (both were already selected). before accepting the settings you can test them, well I did but it didnt work, afterwards I tried all kinds of settings for my gfx and my monitor, none of them worked. finally I just finished the whole installation and restartet where I was bootet to the console. trying to start the xserver with startx gave me an error message:
...
using vt7
(EE) VGA (0): Driver can't support depth 24
(EE) screen(s) found, but none have a usuable configuration
 
FATAL SERVER ERROR
no screens found
...
 
does someone know a solution for my problem? Im very new to linux...
 
I also tried setting the horizontal/vertical frq manually during the installation. While trying to install red hat linux I and fedora and didnt make it to the graphic setup screen, after probing some hardware the monitor turned off -> standby mode.

Reply via email to