Hello,
I am using Gentoo Linux on my Laptop (Fujitsu LOOX T86A).
It has an ATI Rage Mobility M1.
I was using XFree86 4.3.0. At first I could change
resolution using the combination keys, but suddenly
stopped working. I can't even switch to
virtual terminals.
I tried installing XFree86 4.3.99.902, with the mach64
driver. Although now I can use overlay, which is good, I
didn't solve that problem.
I don't have either "DontZoom" or "DontVTSwitch" selected,
so I don't know what can be happened. I tried adding them
and putting "false" ...
nothing.
A friend using Mandrake 9.1 reported the same problem.
Any help? I post my config file:
# File generated by XFdrake.
#
**********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config man page for details about the
format of
# this file.
#
**********************************************************************
Section "Files"
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are
concatenated together)
# By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font
server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
FontPath "unix/:-1"
EndSection
Section "ServerFlags"
# DontZap: para evitar poder matar las X
# DontZoom: para evitar poder cambiar de resolucion
con CTRL+ALT+(+/-)
#DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up
even if the mouse doesn't work
#DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_->
(resolution switching)
#Option "DontZoom" "false"
# To switch to text terminals
Option "DontVTSwitch" "false"
EndSection
Section "Module"
Load "GLcore"
Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "dri"
Load "glx" # 3D layer
EndSection
Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard1"
Driver "Keyboard"
Option "XkbModel" "jp106"
#Option "XkbLayout" "us,jp"
Option "XkbLayout" "jp"
Option "XkbCompat" "group_led"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:caps_toggle"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "MouseUSB"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "MousePS2"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
# Option "Device" "/dev/psmouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DXS:1313"
VendorName "Generic"
ModelName "Flat Panel 1280x768"
HorizSync 30-60
VertRefresh 60-93
Option "DPMS"
# Sony Vaio C1(X,XS,VE,VN)?
# 1024x480 @ 85.6 Hz, 48 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1024x480" 65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344 480
488 494 563 -hsync -vsync
# TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
# 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576
590 595 630
# 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576
578 590 616
# 1280x768 Fujitsu LooxT
ModeLine "1280x768" 81.59 1280 1280 1384 1688 768 769
774 791
ModeLine "1024x600" 49.50 1024 1184 1200 1280 600 621
622 625
ModeLine "800x480" 49.50 800 960 976 1056 480 501 502
505
ModeLine "640x384" 49.50 640 800 816 896 384 405 406
409
ModeLine "512x288" 49.50 512 672 688 768 288 309 310
313
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "device1"
VendorName "ATI"
BoardName "ATI Rage Mobility" # M1 -> mach64
Driver "ati" #incluye el driver mach64 si se compilo
#Option "DPMS"
#Option "TVOutput" "NTSC-J" #NTSC-J ?
Option "TVOut"
Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-J"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "screen1"
Device "device1"
Monitor "DXS:1313"
DefaultColorDepth 24
Subsection "Display"
Depth 8
Modes "1280x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1280x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubsection
Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1280x768" "1024x600" "800x600" "800x480"
"768x576" "640x384" "512x288"
#Modes "800x600" "512x288"
EndSubsection
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "layout1"
InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
# me pongo 2 mice a ver si cuela
InputDevice "MouseUSB" "CorePointer"
#InputDevice "MousePS2" "CorePointer"
# se me para el mouse USB a veces...
InputDevice "MousePS2" "SendCoreEvents"
Screen "screen1"
EndSection
--
David GAVILAN RUIZ
Master Student, Nakajima Lab., Tokyo Institute of
Technology
Home Page: http://www.hawkhomehole.tk
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! BB is Broadband by Yahoo!
http://bb.yahoo.co.jp/
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86