On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Ryan Bradley wrote:

> Let me first give the disclaimer that I am an idiot, or at least, I am a linux 
> newbie..
>
> About a year ago I was trying to install perlmagick to get imagemagick to work with 
> movable type on my redhat 7.3 box which I have through rosehosting.com.
>
> As part of that I mess I installed xfree86, but came the conclusion once everything 
> was working that it was not necessary for me to have it in order for perlmagick to 
> work correcly.
>
> About 2 weeks ago I was informed I was using up more than my share of storage space 
> and so I went through and removed everything I didn't need.  This included xfree86.  
> Instead of uninstalling it I just deleted everything that seemed to be associated 
> with xfree86.
>

If you want to use XFree86, you must install Xfree86 and not delete it.
Try a new fresh install. Make sure you have newest version.

-Jay
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to