On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:33:41AM -0800, Lionel Lecoq wrote:
> 
> Just a *problem* I lost the acceleration on my G550 card. 

2D or 3D acceleration?

> I seem to remember that I had had to install Matrox Linux driver in order to get it. 
> I assume I
> must simply edit XF86Config to tell it to use the Matrox driver. 

Yes, the driver is 'mga'.

> Still I would be interested to know whether my assumption that the XFree86 driver is 
> not
> accelerated, and that I must use the Matrox driver for acceleration is still right.

No, the XFree86 driver is definitely accelerated both 2D and 3D for all
G-series.  But if you have lost 3D acceleration, that is a more
complicated issue than 2D (desktop) acceleration.  2D acceleration
should be enabled on any screen that is using the 'mga' driver.  Make
sure you are not using a framebuffer or vesa driver by accident, because
those will be unaccelerated.

-- 
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply via email to