check out this website for a sample XF86config file
http://www-crypto.htw-saarland.de/weber/misc/linux/XF86Config-2410.twin



--- Nicolas MARC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I855 supports 2 outputs.
> I your case you should have a video pipe to the LVDS
> output (flat panel)
> and the other one to a VGA output.
> Maybe the best is to check your Bios or the
> manufacturer's documentation...
> 
> To use dual head anyway, you need patches to agpgart
> driver (until kernel
> 2.6 I guess),
> XFree 4.3.0 and an updated version of the i855
> driver, for dual head
> support...
> This seems to be brand new.
> 
> I found somewhere on the web (I think it's on
> xfree86.org) a page by David
> dawes, giving details
> about this driver and it's installation.
> 
> Hope I helps!
> 
> cheers,
> 
> Nicolas
> 
> 
> 
> 
> |---------+------------------------------>
> |         |           Jonathan McLean    |
> |         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
> |         |           o.com>             |
> |         |                              |
> |         |           Envoy� par :       |
> |         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
> |         |           86.Org             |
> |         |                              |
> |         |                              |
> |         |           18/02/04 13:49     |
> |         |           Veuillez r�pondre �|
> |         |           xfree86            |
> |         |           Remis le :         |
> |         |           18/02/2004 13:52   |
> |         |                              |
> |---------+------------------------------>
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>   |                                                 
>                                                     
>      |
>   |     Pour :    [EMAIL PROTECTED]               
>                                                     
>      |
>   |     cc :      (ccc : Nicolas MARC/DRD/SAGEM)    
>                                                     
>      |
>   |     Objet :   Re: [XFree86] MultiHead support
> for Intel 855GM                                     
>         |
>   |                                                 
>                                                     
>      |
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> 
> 
> 
> 
> I believe that if the laptop can support two
> monitors,
> meaning that, in windows atleast, you can use two
> monitors with it, then you can support dual head. 
> In
> my experience, as long as the gfx card has two
> outputs, it should support dual head.
> --- Christopher Thom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Quoth Pedro Corte-Real:
> >
> > > I have a centrino laptop and am trying to use
> the
> > multihead support of
> > > the intel video card to drive an external
> monitor
> > as a second X screen.
> > > Is this possible?
> >
> > I have the same system, but I thought that you
> > needed two graphics cards
> > for dualhead systems? or is this actually
> possible?
> > I'd love to be able to
> > do that...
> >
> > cheers
> > chris
> > _______________________________________________
> > XFree86 mailing list
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 
> 
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
> http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to