Hi all,

after upgrading from Linux 2.4.23 to 2.6.2, X11 refuses to start anymore in accellerated (radeon) mode with the same configuration which works fine with 2.4. The error message is "no screens found". If I replace only the radeon driver in XF86Config by fbdev, X11 runs, but **really** slow. Any ideas how I could track down this problem? I attach my XF86Config as well as the startup logs for 2.4 (works) and 2.6 (crash).

System details:
* PowerMac G4 Silver running YellowDog Linux, kernel 2.4.23 or 2.6.2;
* ATI RV200 QW (Radeon 7500) w/ Formac Gallery 1740 DFP monitor;
* XFree86 4.3.0 (from YellowDog Linux; I also tried a self-compiled 4.4.0rc2 without success);
* glibc 2.3.1, gcc 3.2.2 (for 4.4.0rc2).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Albrecht.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Albrecht Dre�  -  Johanna-Kirchner-Stra�e 13  -  D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
      Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_________________________________________________________________________

Attachment: XFree86.tgz
Description: application/compressed-tar


Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to