Hi,

I've got an Toshiba 460CDT with a s3virge/mx running xfree86-4.3.0.1.
The Problem is, when terminating X my display looks kinda messed. That's
what a CRT would do if you've got completely wrong timings, I guess.
When I use the "vesa"-driver instead of "s3virge" it switches back, but
my console is kinda messed up, it has too much lines.
And when I boot with a framebuffer-console (mode 0x413) X won't even
start (s3virge-driver). The display just stays black.
I thought of timing problems and fiddled a bit with my modelines, but it
 had no effect.

Thats what /proc/pci says:

<snip>
  Bus  1, device   3, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. ViRGE/MX (rev 6).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  No bursts.  Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=255.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf8000000 [0xfbffffff].
<snip>

and thats my XF86Config so far:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xtrap"
        Load  "speedo"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "TOS"
        ModelName    "5081"
        HorizSync       30 - 79
        VertRefresh     40 - 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "s3virge"
        VendorName  "S3 Inc."
        BoardName   "ViRGE/MX"
        BusID       "PCI:1:3:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     1
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     4
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     8
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     15
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes   "800x600" "640x480" "400x300"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection


anybody got a clue ?


regards

JM


_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to