On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Jonathan McLean wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried using a Mac flatpanel studi
> display monitor with the DVI conversion box.  Mac DVI
> is different from regular DVI because it incorporates
> a USB connection.  In order to plug the Mac connection
> into a regular DVI port you need to buy a mac
> conversion box which splits the signal into its
> component USB and DVI connections.  Is there a way to
> configure my XFreee86-4 file to incorporate this box?  

   I have heard of people getting this to work successfully
with XFree86.  I was under the impression that no additional
XFree86 configuration was necessary, but you do have to have
a suitable modeline for the Apple display.  There are probably
suitable modelines that you can find on the web.  Actually, 
I would expect that somebody has a web page describing this
somewhere.  I vaguely remember seeing one.

   But please note that I have no personal experience with
this myself, so you should treat this as heresay until you
get a more reliable confirmation.

                        Mark.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to