On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Haywood Parker wrote:

>When I run StartX I get errors.
>
>XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (Fedora Core 1: 4.5.0-42)
>Release Date: 15 August 2003
>X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
>Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-2.ELsmp i686 [ELF]
>Build Date: 24 October 2003
>Build Host: porky.devel.redhat.com
>
>I am running on a Compaq Prosignia 300 Pentium 133 with 128meg of RAM
>
>Typing StartX gives me an error
>
>(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You do not have a configuration file, which means either:

1) you have not configured X

or

2) you have deleted the config file


>something? Does SuperProbe come with my Distribution? If so how
>do I find it and run it so it will tell me what my video chipset
>is?

SuperProbe is about 5 years obsolete now.

Run:  redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig

After that, things should "just work".
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to