On Sunday 14 March 2004 17:04, Phil wrote:
> My monitor is a 10yr old Hitachi 20" ... no, I am not crawling round the
> back of it to look for model numbers (not just yet ...).

Hmmm, with a 10 year old monitor I don't know if I'd be willing to chance the 
trial and error method of increasing your range. You might damage it if you 
force it beyond spec.

> I dno;t know why XFree86Config says it is using VESA drivers ... i
> How can i make it use ATI drivers?

This should help a bit:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/readme0325.txt
although RH might have a better installation guide for you somewhere. If you 
don't need 3D you might also consider using the radeon drivers. Just replace 
the vesa driver with radeon in your Device Section. Mine for instance reads:

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "RV250 If"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "radeon"
  Identifier   "Device[0]"
  Screen       0
  VendorName   "ATI"
  Option       "AGPMode" "4"
  Option       "AGPFastWrite" "True"
EndSection

and I use a radeon AIW 9000 card. Considering this line in your logfile:
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R200 QL [Radeon 8500 LE] 
you may have to change the BoardName to R200 QL, and perhaps not use the 
options I do (depending on your card).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to