I don't known whether this is still the case: there used to be a logic in the madness: 
X 4.x would
first look for a config file in a file given in the command line if not found then (I 
believe, not
sure anymore) in the home directory, then in /etc/X11 for XF86Config-4, if this did 
not exist for
XF86Config.
If you already have an XF86Config-4 and make your changes in XF86Config then you are 
out of
luck...

Lionel
 
--- "Nick Prat, PhD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm certainly no expert, but running xf86config without saving to XF86Config-4 
> seemed to induce that kind of problems with me. At some point I had 4 
> different config files in X11... I wonder how init can determine which is the 
> good one... Not sure that helps!
> 
> 
> 
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 04:14 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Now I tried to install Mandrake 10 and it said
> >
> > (EE) Unable To Determine The Screen Layout
> > Try To Change some Parameters
> >
> > So I tried using xf86config and it still gave me the same message.  Help
> > Me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jared
> >
> > Sorry If The Log file is a bit jumbled, I'm sending it from windows because
> > Linux obviously isn't working.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to