dear collegues
I am sorry to bother you with my request but I have a recurent problem with the installation of linux mandrake on a dell computer.
I tried Mandrake 9.1, 9.2 and now 10.0 and XFree never worked.
The computer is a DELL optiplex GX270 with a bios version A03 (service tag CH8MZ0J).
It looks like a problem of video-memory; I changed it in the bios to 8 (the maximum) with no result.
I had no problem with 2 other DELL optiplex computers but they had a bios version A02...
I join the XFree86.0.log file.
I should be very gratefull if you could help me. We have a hotline with DELL but they don't want to hear anything about linux!
I thank you very much in advance.
sincerely yours


jean-pierre richard


-- jean-pierre Richard

laboratoire d'�thologie bat 25
universit� de Rennes1-beaulieu
avenue du g�n�ral Leclerc
35042 rennes cedex
france

[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to