Using config file =  /etc/X11/XF86Config

I copied all necessary files to a cd...and attempted to install the
files to my server.  Once I copied all the files below:

Extract.save

Xfsrv.tgz

Xvfb.tgz

Extract.exe

Xjdoc.tgz

Xhtml.tgz

Xf100.tgz

Xfcyr.tgz

Xfscl.tgz

Xnest.tgz

Xprog.tgz

Xprt.tgz

Xps.tgz

 

to my server, I attempted to run the following command:

 

sh Xinstall.sh

 

During this...it recommends that you make a copy of /etc/X11R6.  So,
because of that...I decided to quit...and go to /usr/X11R6 and make a
copy of that file to /usr/X11R6.bkup.  When I did this...there was a
message that popped up saying something like fatal error...Gnome is
going to shut down.  It brought me to the command line.  I don't know
what the damage I have done.  I need help trying to bring up the gui.  I
did receive the following message in the boot.log:

 

xfs  failed can't find /usr/lib/libz.s0.1

execvp failed sshd 

execvp failed udpfstab

execvp failed kudzu

 

Pls help!

 

Thanks,

Arlene

 

Attachment: XFree86.0.log
Description: XFree86.0.log

Reply via email to