I didn't know XFree86 would try to run without a config file.
I can't really make much out of that server output and have no
idea what it's complaining about. Just configure the server so
it has a valid XF86Config file. "XFree86 -configure" should generate
a valid config file.
Mark.
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Karim Sobh wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> please find attached the log file
>
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Mark Vojkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Post the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> list.
>
> Mark.
>
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Karim Sobh wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks Matthieu for the help,
> > I got 4.4 to compile and I installed it,
> >
> > But I have a problem which is whenever I try to start the xserver it fails with
> > the error
> >
> > (EE) open /dev/fd0: No such device
> >
> > and when I check /dev/fb0, it exists
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Karim ...
> >
> > Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> > Karim Sobh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I have managed to create a live CD that can boot linux and startx
> > > automatically with KDE and all K applications.
> > > The process of building this CD was carried out on a Red Hat 9 machine.
> > >
> > > My problem is, that when I typed startx for the first time after booting
> > > with this CD, X did not work, so I copied the File /etc/X11/XF86Config
> > > from the Original RedHat distribution to the CD, and everything worked
> > > fine then.
> > >
> > > The problem is that this CD is able to run X only on my hardware.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > My question is: Is there any way to generate the file XF86Config on the
> > > fly for any hardware that boots the CD.
> >
> > Upgrade to XFree86 4.4. It's able to run without an XF86Config file.
> > --
> > Matthieu
> >
> >
> > > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature name=smime.p7s
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Do you Yahoo!?
> > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86