Michael Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Skrev:

 Emil Zackariasson wrote:
 > Hi!
 > 
 > I am making my own distro and I am having some problems with the
 > Xserver.  I have installed it and it had no complains about that but now
 > when I try  to start it the following message comes up before the
 > loading of the other  parts. I dont know what this is or how to solve
 > it, can you help me?
 
 One message would of been sufficient, 3 copies is excessive.
 
 > My latest logfile:
 > 
 > 
 > _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
 > _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/elix:0
 > _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
 
 The X Server failed to open a IPv6 socket. Basically a non-issue.
 
 
 > XFree86 Version 4.4.0
 > Release Date: 29 February 2004
 > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
 > Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.7-10custom i686 [ELF]
 > Current Operating System: Linux elix 2.4.24 #1 SMP Mon Apr 12 18:30:50 
 ...
 > (II) LoadModule: "glide"
 > (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/glide_drv.o
 > (II) Module glide: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 >     compiled for 4.4.0, module version = 1.0.0
 >     Module class: XFree86 Video Driver
 >     ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.7
 > (II) Loading sub module "glide2x"
 > (II) LoadModule: "glide2x"
 > (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glide2x
 > (II) UnloadModule: "glide2x"
 > (EE) Glide driver:
 > 
 > Could not load the shared library file for Glide: "libglide2x.so"!
 > 
 > You need to have Glide installed to run the glide driver for XFree86.
 > Also, you need to tell XFree86 where the libglide2x.so file is placed
 > by making a soft link in the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules directory that points
 > to the libglide2x.so file. For example (if your libglide2x.so file is in
 > /usr/lib):
 > 
 >   # ln -s /usr/lib/libglide2x.so /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
 > 
 > 
 > (II) UnloadModule: "glide"
 > (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/glide_drv.o
 > (EE) Failed to load module "glide" (a required submodule could not be 
 > loaded, 2)
 
 This is a more serious problem. Fix that.

I have glide3, and I have been looking for a way to get the XFree86 to get it
but havnt been able to find it. Anyone who know?
 
 _______________________________________________
 XFree86 mailing list
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
 
 
//
Emil Zackariasson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to