On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 03:12:56PM -0500, Daniel Luecke wrote:
> Perhaps i do not know the correct mouse location or setting. Also when i
> try "startx" it gives me an error the it could not find "protocol
> "sysmouse" even when i dont have it set on that. Is there perhaps a
> prolem with the xf86config file?
>
> btw, the error output is:
>
> /"(= =)using config 'xf86config'
> (ee)mouse1: protocol 'sysmouse' is not supported by this platform
> (ee)preinit: failed for input device "Mouse1"
> no core pointer

I'd bet cash that the problem is that you're not using the config file
you think you are.  I believe the log file says, at it's head, which
file you're actually looking at; double check that this is the one
you're editing.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

        "They had engineers in my day, too."  -- Perry Vance Nelson