On Tue, 25 May 2004, Charly Vidal wrote:
> Hi, guys; I'm from BA, Argentine.
>
> I'm working on medical aplication.
>
> Has anyone any idea about how can I output and image
> with 1024 gray of shades?
You can't.
>
> I don't kown how to "create" a LUT with 10-bit . The
> type of file is DPX.
Quadro has a 10 bit DAC in the sense that it can display
8 bit per component data by passing it through a 256 element
lookup table that has 10 bit per component values in it.
That is, map 8 bits to 10. This is really only useful for
doing gamma correction. If you only had an 8 to 8 mapping
as soon as you changed the gamma from 1.0 you'd get duplicate
entries. Only NVIDIA's binary driver support the 10 significant
bits per map entry. This does not let you display more than
256 greys. It merely lets you tune 256 greys to a finer
resolution.
Mark.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86