On Tuesday, July 27 2004 01:31 pm, Levi Campbell wrote:
> Okay, I've got a config file now, but when I try to start X windows,
> I get
> fatal server error:
> no screens found.

According to the logfile, the kernel module that supports AGP is not
loaded. You have an i810 integrated graphics chipset. Unlike
traditional graphics cards, this chipset has no memory and must use a
portion of the main system memory for the framebuffer. This requires
agpgart to be loaded in Linux. Try running "modprobe agpgart"(without
qoutes) as root, then starting X. It should work at that point. You can
set up the module to autoload at boot. Consult SuSE's documentation to
find out how. If you need more information on the driver options, run
"man i810".