Repected Colleagues

I have Compiled Linux from scratch ( LFS-4.0 ),Now I am LFS'er but not BLFS'er bcaz when I try to compile XFree86 by introducing the following changes in kernel configuration

[*] MTRR
[*]Direct Render MAnager
<M> /dev/agpgart
then all chipsets are selected as modules ,And What so over( As BLFS Book-1.0 Chapter 26 says)


but at the end I get errors like

(WW) xf86AcquireGART: AGPIOC_ACQUIRE failed (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
(EE) GARTInit: AGPIOC_INFO failed (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available. Make sure your kernel has agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.


and:

(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

and then the fatal error: no screens found.

Kindly Guide me . Wish u Best of Luck.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to