You appear to not have correct monitor information in your
/root/XF86Config.new file. The server appears to think it can
only do one mode:
(II) NV(0): Monitor0: Using default hsync value of 65.74 kHz
(II) NV(0): Monitor0: Using default vrefresh value of 60.00 Hz
You should add accurate HorizSync and VertRefresh entries
to your Section "Monitor". From the Montior's EDID information
printed out in the log file I would guess it would be approximately
like follows:
HorizSync 30 - 64
VertRefresh 56 - 88
but the actual value should be in the Monitor's owner's manual.
Mark.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, David Berlind wrote:
> Praying someone can help on this:
>
> I was trying to upgrade Ethereal and descended into a downward spiral
> that had me upgrading a bunch of things the new version depended on
> including Pango. On the config, Pango complained that it couldn't
> find X11 or Freetype and so, at the suggestion of some install advice
> on GTK+ web site (GTK+ required by Ethereal), I installed fontconfig
> and Freetype.
>
> Well, my Xfree86 config went poof and all I could get was the console.
> The ensuing complain contained the text "No fonts found; this
> probably means that the fontconfig library is not correctly
> configured." So, I searched hi and lo and saw suggestions like
> running fc-cache -v and tried everything I could find until I finally
> gave up and figured maybe if I just reinstall xfree86, I'll be ok.
>
> So, I did that. I downloaded everything, ran the install
> script....and still no worky. Though I'm not sure if it is relevant,
> midway through the installation, the script did issue the following
> complaint: "/root/downloads/xfree86/extract: lib/X11/xkb: Could not
> create symlink to '../../../etc/X11/xkb': File exists" But, after
> searching the web, I couldn't figure out what to do about it. As far
> as clues, I've attached the config and log files.
>
> Right now, the system is toast. I need to get back to the GUI so any
> help that anybody can provided would be greatly appreciated. Please
> reply to:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Thanks.
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86