Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. Same architecture, only difference
is the XFree86 is running. Include the misc fonts or Type1 and do a
mkfontdir. That will fire the XFree86 up.
But I have another issue, once the XFree86 is running, I can only see
a mouse pointer with no movement. It is an USB optical mouse, and
using a IMPS protocol at /dev/input/mice. XFree86.log has no EE or WW
messages. I am not using the modular support in the kernel and the
mouse support is cpmpiled in the kernel. Since without X there is no
other application in the 24 MB system there is no way I can test if
the mouse is working otherwise that is without XFree86. Please advise.
Thanks,
Ravi.
________________________
Odi is an imbecile untill further notice -Garfield.

Hi.

We are trying to load X  on an embedded application .The architecture is i386.

Is there a way by which the font server can be avoided...we do not
require it for the system.The file size for font/misc and stuff is
very huge which is not allowing us to port on a 64MB flash.

we tried to remove some fonts... got a "fixed font not available" error.
any poitners on as to what  minimal fonts contribute for X  to start ?

any help would be of great assistance,
thanks in advance.
Sunil.
-- 

________________________
Odi is an imbecile untill further notice -Garfield.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to