On my RedHat 9.0 installation (using KDE), I select "System Settings" from the 
system menu (click the RedHat logo at the bottom-left of the screen); then 
select "Display". If you are not logged in as root (you shouldn't be), then 
you will be prompted for the root password. Enter this, and a few moments 
later a dialog appears with screen parameters on it. If I change the 
resolution here, and logout and back in, the resolution is now the new value 
that I set in the dialog.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!
Nik

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I have just installed Linux 9.0. But i do not know how to change scrren
> resolution I have checked on google and found a few answers like using
> redhat-config-xfree86 . But changing the resolution there does not help. It
> restores to its original value once i logout and login. Also I tried to
> edit /etc/X11/XFConfig86 (I hope i am writing the file name correctly) but
> the file is changed to its original state once i logout and login. I also
> tried on using 256 colors etc. but it did not help.
>
> Does anyone of you have some idea how to change mine screen resolution i am
> also having a windows and i can comfortably change mine resolution to
> 1024*768 and even more. I am using SiS530 and 17 inch vintron monitor and
> perhaps mine video RAM usage is 8 MB.
>
> Your help is required.
> Thanks for your time and effort
> --
> Regards
> Abhishek jain

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to