From: Andrew Haninger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 January 2005 13:40
To: xfree86@xfree86.org
Subject: Re: [XFree86] Xfree86 log error

You appear to be having the "unable to find font 'fixed'" error that
shows up oh-so-often.

This can be tricky to fix, but I've always found that either enabling
xfs or installing font packages helps to resolve the problem.

You can usually find a list of daemons by running 'ntsysv' and
scrolling down the list to the bottom. If it's not turned on, enable
the X Font Server 'xfs' and try again.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the X font packages that came
with Redhat 9.

Hope this helps.

-Andy