From: Grant Sewell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 January 2005 08:53
To: xfree86@XFree86.Org
Subject: Re: [XFree86] Interactive Whiteboard...

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:36:28 -0000
Benstead, Kevin wrote:

> When the Activboard is used on Windows does it act like a mouse or does a
> dedicated application have to be run to use it.

Nail on the head with the former.  It acts as a pointing device... it would
potentially be easier if it required their application, but unfortunately it
doesn't.

> It sounds to me like you will need to write your own driver for this.
>
> A good place to start is the Elographics touch screen driver as it will
use
> absolute coordinates like I presume the Activboard does.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.  I'm no hacker by anyone's standards.
But, I'll go get the X sources and have a peek, see what I can make of it.

> You will need to delve into the serial protocol between the Activboard and
> the PC.  You may have to nag them for them to give it to you.

Okey dokey.  I'm not expecting miracles on this.  Although, it would seem
that the company are more proud of their software that let's you "annotate
over the top" of a displayed screen, so perhaps they won't be guarding their
serial protocols with high enthusiasm.  We'll see.

Thanks.

Grant.