I think BadLength in PutImage requests are usually client errors.
Typically related to confusion about padding requirements.
Mark.
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Joel L. Breazeale wrote:
> I am using XFree86-4.2.0-8 on RedHat 7.3. I have an application
> that draws to a pixmap as a buffer that is eventually drawn to a
> mapped window. I have had the following error on a few occasions:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal
> Xlib length error)
> Major opcode of failed request: 72 (X_PutImage)
> Serial number of failed request: 1163135
> Current serial number in output stream: 1163152
>
> I've also see a similar error that makes reference to X_AllocColor.
>
> On occasion I have seen an error message like this:
>
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x65c8)!
>
> I decided it would be best to write my own error hander and to
> see if I could just ignore the "poly request too large or
> internal Xlib length error" error. I also decided to would be
> best use XSynchronize() so the error to manifest immediately after
> the offending Xlib call. I now frequently see a software hang
> with a backtrace like this (I've omitted my application in the
> backtrace):
>
> #0 0x420e187e in select () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
> #1 0x40355d44 in _XlcPublicMethods () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> #2 0x402b345a in _XRead () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> #3 0x402b3f1a in _XReply () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> #4 0x402af7e8 in XSync () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> #5 0x402af881 in _XSyncFunction () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> #6 0x40298a06 in XDrawLine () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> . . .
> #11 0x4025a1c1 in _XtRemoveAllInputs () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
> #12 0x4025a415 in XtAppNextEvent () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
> . . .
> #14 0x0804d8db in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff8c4) at main.c:912
> #15 0x42017499 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
>
> My questions are:
>
> * Has anyone seen anything like any of the above, especially if
> it is a documented bug?
> * Any thoughts on how to deal with this situation if it isn't a
> known/fixed defect?
>
> Regards,
> Joel Breazeale
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[email protected]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86