Hi!

I patched an xfree86 server, to no switch VTs nor touch the keyboard.

Then I started it on a secondary PCI VGA card.
The primary card was working in text mode.

I noticed, that after the start of the X server, the primary display did
not update any more ( I started "watch date" there ). The old content (text)
remained there.

I also noticed, that certain characters output by "watch date" appeared
in the Video-BIOS POST screen on the secondary monitor.

Also I can type on blind on the primary screen and execute commands,
switch VTs, only nothing is displayed. Again certain effects are noticable
on the secondary display.

Is this a fundamental PC architecture problem, that two VGAs can run at the 
same ?
Or is this just the result of assumptions in xfree code, that only one display
exists ?

Thanks for any reply,
David Balazic


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[email protected]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to