Waf should be choosing webkit-editor by default *unless* you're passing
'--enable-webkit2'. (we didn't port the editor to WebKit2)

If it's not default try passing '--enable-webkit-editor'

The simplest way to know what the options are is to just look at this
python file: https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos/blob/master/wscript

Also Unit193 on Freenode has quite a bit of experience compiling Xiphos on
Debian, so he'd be worth pinging for up to date info/help. (He is usually
available in #xebian or try https://launchpad.net/~unit193)