Hello Andy,

On Tue,  6 Nov 2018 05:59, kb1...@mval.net said:

>> 1. Change the color of a new callsign when it has been worked.
>>

> The above seems like it would be a relatively simple, but useful addition.

I just fixed a little bug.

>> 2. Just one button to set date and UTC to the current time.
>>           It does not make sense to be able to set the current time

> I'm curious...did you remove a button from the GUI?  Do you have a
> screenshot?

https://eifzilla.de/scratch/xlog-1.png

I removed the date button because the UTC button also fills in the
date.  This also shows the reordered fields.

It might be better to have an in-entry button on the right side to fill
in the UTC and for contests it should be done anyway at save-time.

> I have a friend who has wished for a) a better/different order in the
> New QSO frame, or b) the ability to add/delete those boxes at will,
> for different contests, and c) the ability to enter a QSO *without*
> needing the mouse.  My friend's chief complaint is that tabbing over
> unused info boxes is error prone and should be unnecessary.  Toward
> that end, I'm curious about your changes.

That is also my idea.  I am thinking about a configurable order of the
fields including a save button etc.  Recently we had an SSB fieldday and
I used some Windows program for logging.  That was really convenient and
worked pretty well - without clicking.  We should also have such an
option.  Context specific checks would also be useful.

> For example, in a 6m contest, the exchange might be callsign, signal
> report, and grid locator, which is challenging to do with the current
> software.

Right.  The software should lead you through the QSO during a contest.

> I am interested in your ideas.  I'd like to find a way to maintain a
> balance between the casual users of Xlog and those who would like the
> tool to be more user friendly for contest logging.

Re-adding the date button and its mnemonic would be simple and could be
the default.  So that a new field ordering can be done as an option.  I
guess I will first work on a configurable order of the new QSO fields
and add a configurable save button.

BTW, is GTK-2 set or would migrating to GTK-3 be okay?  I can live with
both.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner