On 20-Apr-2001 Jean-Francois Bergeron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (excuse my english)
> I have installed your xmail soft, it is very well and it works fine. But i
> have a little question, i want to know if we can have a mail when somebody
> send a message to our domain but the recipient is invalid.
> (I don't know if my english is ok.. then i will give you an example : )
> my domain is xyz.com
> the user (pop) is :
> john
> peter
> mary
> postmaster
>
> if somebody (ex: [EMAIL PROTECTED]) (exterior or interior of my domain) send a
> message to fred (ět doesn't exist), i want to [EMAIL PROTECTED] receive an
> error message (that is ok, it works) AND I want to receive an email  to
> advised me "someone try to send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]" ...etc...
>
> In server.tab, i have put my email on "pop3syncerroraccount" line... but i
> don't think is the good place.
>
> Do you have this option on your soft ?

You could set a catch all alias ( * ) to catch all mails but in this case the
SMTP client will have the feeling to have successfully sent the message.
You could handle the catch all alias with the mailproc.tab ( see doc ) features
to :

1) a  "mailbox"  line to store the message

2) an  "external"  line that point to an external program ( script ) that send
a notification to the sender that such account does not exist