> I have the mail server with several domains locked down to prevent the
ability spam relaying though the server. I did so by only allowing
certain known IP address to relay. I didn't want to force authentication
as we use quite a few different email programs, most written by us to
send outgoing mail. By using authorization most have to be rewritten to
authorize outgoing mail.
> My problem is this. I now have to open up one of the domains for
relaying from unknown IP address and using authentication while keeping
the other domains just locked down by limiting IPs that can relay.
> It appears that I can have one or the other methods but not both.
> If it is possible, could someone point me in the right direction on
how to configure this.

it's very simple, if the IP is not listed inside smtprelay.tab you've to
authenticate to use the server as a relay. so if you've already
configured
your IPs that are allowed to relay, you've pretty much done.

Hi Davide,

No, that's too simple. It has to be more complicated that that.
You mean I've been knocking my head against the wall for several days
And it's that simple. Man-o-man, we New Yorkers are not use to anything
Being simple.

I love XMail and much thanks for a great product.

Rich...