----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon Wittenburg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 6:08 PM
Subject: [xmail] Re: Another question.

> slackl wrote:
>
> >I have setted up an XMail and it is not generating confirmation receipts
and delivery notifications upon receiving an emails, which request them.

> >Is this normal and how should I enable this feature if it possible ?
> >

> This is a feature of a mail client, not a mail server. When you send an
> email that request confirmation of delivery, it is the person to whom
> you are sending's mail client software that will send the delivery
> notification -- and only then if that person decides to send the
> confirmation (depending on the software).
>
> So your XMail is operating normally.

You are not right up to the end.
There are two confirmation types:
One is "Read Confirmation" and is generated by the mail client.
You are right at this point.
But another is "Delivery Confirmation" and is hanlded by MTA.
It is generated by MTA when it relayed a message to a destination and done
it successful.

My problem is that XMail seems to be fully ignorant to the second type of
confirmation requests.