Van: Steven Peck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: woensdag 5 maart 2003 7:50
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: [xmail] Question on suitability of XMail

Greetings,

I found Xmail a couple days ago and am currently poking through the =
Readme. It looks like it will work for my requirements, but I figured I'd
ask = while setting up my test server.

Current environments (2 separate sites actually, but similar enough) all
Windows (Linux not an option).

Multiple incoming email domain relayed through an SMTP server to = internal
Exchange servers and acting as a Smart Host for outbound email from =
Exchange. Message traffic varies from 7,000-50,000/day depending on the
site. On one site, the SMTP relay is Sendmail for NT (ick).  The other is
NAI Webshield SMTP (ick) =20

The RBL is a serious bonus (WebShield bites in that department) for the
sites.

While it appears that Xmail would work as a replacement for the above
products by using SMTPGW.TAB or SMTPFWD.TAB, I just wanted to make sure =
that it could actually do the above before I spent to much time in testing
configurations.

Thanks,
-sp

ref:  Yes, I know about the vulnerability for Sendmail for NT (If I can =
proof of concept on mine, then I can get the organization to standardize on
= the other gateways.)
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in the body
of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For general help: send the line
"help" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]