> I guess what I am trying to get across is that in an environment
> where there
> is a win2k domain and exchange 2000, the user only has to know
> one password
> for them and if they change their password via ctrl+alt+del on windows
> systems or via a password policy, its is synchronzied with mail.

Well, like Aaron said, make a external auth script. you could use a few
simple standard tools to check if the password is correct. One is:
net use \\computername\ipc$ /user:IAmTheMightyUser AndMyMightyPassword

if successful the username and pw will be correct and you just need to
return 0 to xmail

Greets
Loris