Now that would be a great thing! Never have liked how my front end
server just has to accept everything @localdomain before forwarding to
my backend server. I end up with a lot of undeliverables to bogus
accounts.

I currently use custdomains to smtprelay mail to my backend server. Wish
xmail could check some local recipients file even when using
custdomains. Then I could setup a scheduled job to pull a userlist from
the backend server and keep the local recipients file updated on my
gateway.

The setup I'm using is the same as you would do for a secondary MX
server so the problem applies to in two cases.

Having communication between X1 and X2 on the fly as mail comes in will
be a problem if X1 is your secondary MX server and X2 is down.

Bill