Here I allways run no 'standard' services (not part of windows itself), =
like
xmail, exchange, sql, ... with a user account for each service (so i =
can
view processes owned by him, in nt logs, limit accesses with rights, =
....)!!

Simply create a account (say named XmailServer), place it in =
administrators,
and assign the xmail service this user (with strong password !)

doing that, you will not have any pbs with files access, and important,
running 'external commands' and filters ... and can access shares on =
others
computers as the service runs with an authentified user ...

Francis