At 23.52 01/11/04 -0500, you wrote:

>If I wan to run a perl script (on Windows)should the "command" be:
>
>"c:\perl\bin\perl.exe"[TAB]"MyFilter.pl"[TAB]@@FILE...
>or
>"c:\perl\bin\perl.exe MyFilter.pl"[TAB]@@FILE...
>
>for some reason following line doesn't work:
>"MyFilter.pl"[TAB]@@FILE...
>
>even though .pl is correctly associated with perl.exe and executing
>MyFilter.pl from a command line works as expected.

In order to run an interpreted script on Windows you have to put the
interpreter as the command in the filters file, with the script as the
first parameter (not only Perl, but VBS etc.). Registry associations do not
work in XMail (you may also have noticed that running "script.pl" from the
command line does not allow you to redirect output, while you can by
running "perl.exe script.pl").

Ciao, Francesco