On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, CLEMENT Francis wrote:
> Many of our customers installed with exchange use our xmail servers as
> smarthost for outgoing mails with no problems from exchange 5.5 to 2003
> = (no static ips, or no reverse zone, ...).

I have no doubt it does work...  8-)

> Where did you put the settings in the exchange server ?
>
> The settings to use a smarthost/gateway (and not doing dns delivery)
> are in the 'smtp connector'...

Correct - Default Virtual SMTP server - Outgoing Delivery under - er the
last tab on properties - I'm fuzzy when not in front of the server. There
is a location for the Smarthost hostname and a checkbox for 'try remote
delivery first'?  No matter what I seem to do - it still sends the mail
out itself.

The Exchange server has had a hard life 8-)  It started out Mixed mode
and was changed to Native and then GFI was added - I think it might be
confused but I REALLY don't want to try to re-install it.

I have thought about forcing Exchange to use port 24 which should pretty
well stop it doing anything but have not researched setting up XMail to
run on both ports 25 and 24 - I am not even sure it can.

Brett