Hello,

I have the following problem on one of my servers:

Sometimes, when getting some message via POP3, retrieval frozes and is
interrupted only by timeout. This occurs independently on client used - even
when i Telnet to server and issue POP3 commands by hand. When the offending
message is deleted, everything is working fine.

My guess is that this behaviour is caused by some kind of malformed message
- like missing CRLF at end or maybe mismatched line endings in message. This
usually occurs for spam messages and I currently do not have enough samples
to be sure.

I think that it may be some bug in Xmail - message is accepted as valid at
input, but is not valid at output. I am not C programmer, so I cannot
investigate the source. I would try to collect offending messages and find
exact cause. Some messages have text, which does not end with CRLF, and such
messages always fail.

Some other failed messages, hovewer, seems to have line breaks at end. At
this time I am unable to confirm if they are correct (ie not only CR or LF).

--
Michal A. Valasek - Altair Communications | Microsoft ASP.NET MVP
PGP 0xC4F3579D | www.altaircom.net | www.rider.cz | www.aspnet.cz

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm -  George Orwell