I am not sure if this got through the first time so here goes again.....

What can I use that will not cost anything to stop spam at the server?

I have tried to work with spamassassin for win32 on win2k and its
installed but how do I hook it to xmail?

I have also used ASSP and it works for a while then flakes out and
will not work properly as a proxy for xmail.