Personally, I'd like to see the ability to call external filters at each
stage of the process (connect, HELO/EHLO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO (once for
each recipient), DATA, and post-DATA). Ideally, these would be triggered
once the command is accepted and parsed, but before the SMTP result code
is returned to the remote server....

I'm actually planning to modify a local copy of the Xmail source to let
me do this - but with my poor C++ skills, I'm not planning on making the
mods public.

But it would be really nice if this were an actual feature, rather than
something I had to do locally...:)