On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, David Lord wrote:

> Thanks Davide
>
> I just found this in /usr/src/UPDATING 20040418:
>
>  statfs(2) and friends have been replaced by statvfs(2).
>  In addition your libc build might not work
>  (undefined SYS_statfs symbol) because make clean does not know how
>  to remove files it does not know about anymore.
>
> So that's got me progressed a bit further and seems to be related as
> my hack was to change statfs to statvfs in SysDepBSD.cpp. However I
> thought there were compatibility settings in use that were supposed
> to handle this and the suggested solution above doesn't seem
> applicable.

I am definitely a Unix kinda of guy, but I have to say that there is a
reason why Microsoft makes bazillions of dollars. They never do that. You
can get a Win32 binary (leaving DOS stuff apart) built in 1995 and run it
today w/out problems. And we're talking about binaries, letting apart
all the times ABI are broken in the middle. Now, the fix is not a problem,
but the source files start becoming a mess in trying to distinguish even
between versions of the same OS. Crap!