Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 12:32, Davide Libenzi wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Dave Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> Davide,
>>>     Thanks for your reply.  I can see your points.  It was just a
>>> question I had as it seems alot of the daemons I use, use the apache
>>> style or a single config file method.  The daemons also don't lock the
>>> files when reading them, they just read them upon startup (of course) and
>>> re-read them automatically within a certain period of time (to check for
>>> any changes made to them).  I suppose both styles have their strengths
>>> and weaknesses.  In either case, thanks for the reply.
>>>
>> I'm not an heavy Apache user (actually, I use thttpd ;) but IIRC Apache is
>> going in the exact opposite direction (splitting configs).
>>

> In recent openSUSE releases httpd.conf is nothing more than comments and
> Include statements. All the actual configuration is divided up amongst the
> Included config files and directories. Most of the user configuration is in
> vhost containers that each have a vhostname.conf file in the vhosts.d
> directory. It takes a little getting used to but the design is actually very
> nice once you see how it works.
>
> Jeff

That's what my apache (and UnrealIRCd) config looks like too. But this
will definately make updates from the CONTROL interface much harder,
probably impossible for Davide.
I agree with Francis Clement that it would be easier if most of the
current command-line options were in the SERVER.tab or some other config
file.

Ivo