Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Ralf wrote:

Hi,
how can I enable verbose logging in xmail?
I need especially to know about unauthorized connects
to the mail/pop server (ie. mailbox hack attempts by trying many password),
and also of unauthorized mail relaying/forwarding attempts.
Do these events get logged?

Yes, once you enable logging with the proper command line options:

http://www.xmailserver.org/Readme.html#command_line

Thanks Davide.
I've now added the following options to the
xmail start script (ie. /etc/init.d/xmail)
and restarted xmail:
  XMAIL_CMD_LINE="-Pl -Sl -Ql -Ll -Fl -Cl -Yl"
Ok, now I'll have to do some test-connects and analyse the
logs in the MailRoot/logs dir to locate the entries I need.

Many thanks,
xmail rocks! :-)