Besides the mentioned perl module there is also a native C library
for SPF/SRS (and also a prebuilt package in the Debian repository),
called libspf2, so it would IMO make sense to add native
SPF capability into xmail.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/libspf2
"
Source Package: libspf2 (1.2.9-1)
Homepage www.libspf2.org
The following binary packages are built from this source package:
libspf2-2
  library for validating mail senders with SPF
libspf2-dev
  Header and development libraries for libspf2
spfquery
  query SPF (Sender Policy Framework) to validate mail senders

The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is one part of the SPF/SRS protocol pair.
SPF allows email systems such as Sendmail, Postfix, Exim, Zmailer and
MS Exchange to check SPF records and make sure that the email is authorized
by the domain name that it is coming from. This prevents email forgery,
commonly used by spammers, scammers and email viruses/worms.

This package contains simple utilities that use libspf2 to test and query SPF
records.
"

And here is a list of mail servers with SPF-support:
  http://www.openspf.org/Implementations

Ralf wrote: