On 8 Feb 2010, at 16:36, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Zilon X wrote:
>> Oh no..
>>
>>   It's not so simple at all - no host can relay since configured as
>> single host (/32).
>>
>> Is it a bug??
>
> Sure, thousands of users use it just fine, but you, that probably haven't
> even read a single line of the documentation, say it is a bug.
> What you have done below, is configure localhost to relay, not the other
> hosts on your network.
> How about reading the smtprelay.tab section of the documentation, or using
> SMTP authentication?

Hmm.  In his example, he shows that localhost can relay only when the netmask
isn't all ones (/32).  I haven't tested it, but if that were true, indeed it is
a bug, unless of course his loopback is running on an address that isn't
127.0.0.1 (very, very unlikely).

FWIW: loopback is 127/8, which is fine as now configured for local relay (not
127.0.0/24 that some people think it is).  Also, almost no software uses
anything other than the first address in that range, and IPv6 only has one, ::1.

Cheers,
Sabahattin