At 04.12 06/01/11, you wrote:

> Alternatively, XMail should take care of escaping leading dots when doing SMTP
> delivery of files picked up by LMAIL.

You are right. Either SendMail.cpp should do it, or XMail.

Better XMail, I think, b/c LMAIL clients need not use the sendmail binary AFAIK

As an emergency solution, I instructed my webmail to escape leading dots (which results in extra dots being delivered to local users from time to time, but is more acceptable than SMTP mess).

But pls let us know as soon as you have a working patch, since MUAs and MTAs are not supposed to alter email text.

Ciao, Francesco