Sorry to keep bringing this up. If I'm asking obvious
questions and should be pointed to some well known
resource, please let me know.

I wrote earlier about freezes on an Athlon
800/256/TNT2 combo running 2.4.17 and xmame.xgl .57.
The problem is hard lockup with looping sound.

I tried several of the suggestions made here -
Upgrading XFree86 to 4.1; disabling framebuffers
(wasn't on); turning off gl options (alpha, bilenear
...); mem=nopentium; 2x agp; etc...

I need to use xmame.xgl to play on my tv which has
fixed 640x480 res. (unless someone has a better idea).
So, I've got two questions:

1. Any other suggestions? ;-)

2. I did some poking around and it looks like other
people; including windows people; have had this
problem viz. hard lockup with looping sound. Make me
think its hardward, not software. Looks like it may be
a result of an nvidia/athlon combo (or maybe the
budget ecs mobo i have). 

So I'm thinking of trading in for a different,
non-Nvidia, graphics card. I don't have much cash so I
was thinking either a Voodoo3, Matrox, or Radeon VE.
Would be nice if I could get it for under $50. 

Any suggestions?

And again, I need GL and TV-Out.

Thanks for all the help,
Sam

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!
http://mail.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
Xmame mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://toybox.twisted.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/xmame

Reply via email to